Community Skills WA (CSWA) is a not-for-profit organisation focussed on training and workforce development and ‘connecting the dots’ between the community services, health and education sectors and key stakeholders, across Western Australia. CSWA listen engage and advocate to facilitate a skilled workforce across the state. CSWA is one of eight industry training councils in WA who provide strategic industry advice to the WA State Training Board, the Department of Training and Workforce Development and other government agencies on behalf of our sectors.
CSWA is seeking an experienced Research Officer to join our team in February 2021. This position is a fixed term full time appointment until 30 Jun 2021 with the possibility of extension (full time hours negotiable for the right candidate), Level 4.1, $79,452 (pro-rata) plus super – General Division Salary Public Service CSA Agreement 2019.
The Research Officer role
- Provide research support to the CSWA team, including undertaking desktop research into workforce and training data and sector developments.
- Review and analyse key reports, prepare summary documents for the CSWA team and other key stakeholders.
- Draft correspondence as and when required/requested.
- Provide secretariat support to Executive Director and the team, organise meetings, prepare agendas, reports, discussion papers/materials and other required documentation.
- Take and produce minutes and follow up on action items where appropriate.
- Arrange and maintain schedules of appointments, meetings, and other commitments to enable efficient time management for the CSWA team.
- Maintain and monitor a calendar of reporting requirements.
- Manage incoming correspondence and emails, redirecting to appropriate staff for action.
- Maintain and manage email distribution groups, calendars, and inbox accounts for CSWA.
- Maintain, manage, and enhance database to summarise industry engagement for reporting purposes.
- Proven organisational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise workloads, work with limited direction and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in research support including collating information, summarising reports and, editing documents and producing reports.
- Sound written and oral communication skills including proven ability to present ideas, liaise effectively with all levels of staff and internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of proficiency in the use of computer software applications, including CRM and Adobe suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, constructively, and co-operatively within a small team.
- Demonstrated capacity to use initiative, discretion, and sound judgement, particularly related to matters that are urgent, non-routine or sensitive.
- Experience in the Vocational, Education and Training sector or Community Services, Health or Education sectors.
CSWA embraces diversity and welcome applications from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
CSWA requires applicants to provide a police clearance as part of the appointment process. Applicants are requested to email a covering letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and a written statement no more than three pages addressing the selection criteria and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm Friday 8 January 2021. Please direct any queries about the Research Officer role to this email address, noting CSWA will be closed from Friday 18 December re-opening Monday 4 January 2021.